"HR Excellence in Research" Logo
The HR Excellence in Research Logo is awarded by the European Commission to universities, research and funding organizations abiding by the principles provided for in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct of Recruitment of Researchers.
The HR Strategy for Researchers, on the grounds of which the HR Excellence in Research Logo is awarded, is a means of supporting employers and funding institutions in practically applying the principles of the Charter and the Code. It has the following characteristics:
- It is implemented by universities and research and funding organizations on a volunteer basis.
- It is elaborated on the basis of internal self-assessment, taking into consideration the autonomy of the institution.
- The awarding procedure is facilitated and easy in the sense that it excludes complicated procedures and accentuates on the differences between institutions and national research systems.
In order to develop the HR Strategy for Researchers, the following five steps are followed:
Midterm report on the Self-Assessment (15th January 2012 – 21st February 2014)
Self-Assessment Report on the Implementation of Principles, laid down in the C&C, at Varna Free University “Chernorizets Hrabar” (15th January 2012 – 31th March 2016)
- An internal analysis by the research institution to compare institutional practices against the "Charter & Code" principles, involving all key institutional stakeholders, including researchers.
- The development and publication of an "Institutional HR Strategy" and action plan based on the results of the analysis. The document is published on the institutional website.
- Once the strategy and action plan have been acknowledged by the European Commission, the right to use the "HR Excellence in Research" logo is awarded.
- Progress in the implementation of the strategy and the action plan are subject to a self-assessment after two years.
- An external evaluation takes place every 4 years.